Friday, March 5, 2010

Myles is 8


On this day 8 years ago, Myles was born around 7:00 am in the morning! Oh, what a joyous, life changing day that was - it was the moment we went from a 'couple' to a 'family.' This moment, eight years ago, gave me an entire new purpose to my life. And here we are eight short years later! We are crossing obstacles and enjoying new experiences daily! Myles is a great first child (had we had Elliott first, we may never have ventured into child bearing again!!!! okay, just kidding). What I really mean to say is Myles is reserved, proud, empathetic, compassionate, and loving! He doesn't ask for much - he is a self soothing, self entertaining, and dedicated to family moments and time!

On this special morning (see photo above) I made Myles his favorite breakfast, monkey bread! Note to self, start after I have drank my coffee.... I made a few mistakes since I was a bit blurry-eyed, however, with only limited time, I had to rush to get it done mistakes and all. The kids still enjoyed the treat! And then at the end of the school day, I picked Myles up and we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Mathews. We then went to the Lego store in Cincinnati to pick out the BRAND NEW Lego games (they had just came out this week). Myles was so thrilled.

And then the evening ended with dinner at the Mexican restauarant, a favorite of Myles. Grandma really wanted the people to sing Happy Birthday, but Myles was so against the attention. So we didn't get the ice cream! Oh well... what a great day to share with Myles! He was excited it was his birthday, he didn't want to go to bed because he knew his birthday would be over, however, he also knew he had a big party the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment