Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Camping Trip



My husbands college friends have a yearly Labor Day camping trip, and this year they invited the whole family! And what fun did the kids have. I was a little hesitant with the cool nights and Dane, but Dane did GREAT!!!! He slept well, napped well and hung out happily as any almost-six-month-old could! Myles was in heaven at the creek beds (thank goodness for lack of rain). They had flat rocks and tons of fossils to be found! Him and Seth even found a waterfall in the 'explorations.' The campsite was part of an Ohio State Park, Heuston Woods. There were tons of trails, beach with swimming, playgrounds and more. Our campsite was at the bottom of a small hill in which the kids (and adults, too) enjoyed riding their scooters down! I handed the camera over to Myles (my budding photographer) so some of the shots are through his eyes. I think Santa will bring Myle his own camera this year for Christmas! Elliott had a great time at the playground... I pushed my germ fears aside and let her play in the gravel!!! In my mind I'm thinking 'please don't get sick, please don't get sick.' As for tent sleeping, everyone did great, despite the fact were were a family of 5 sleeping a two tents that should have (combined) only slept at most 3! Our big tent was loaned out to someone and we had to make due with what we had! I didn't want to invest in a new tent in the event camping didn't work out! Next time (which I'm sure will be next summer) we will have a larger tent and air mattresses!!!! I wish I had a photo of the tent... if you would have saw what we slept in you'd be amazed!! And you'd be rolling over with laughter. The good thing about the tight sleeping quarters, no one got cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment