Saturday, September 26, 2009

ScrapPink Celebration


Several weeks ago, I had a cropper ask me if I were hosting a Crop for the cure, and since Cord didn't host a ScrapPink, I decdied to do so. So Saturday, September 26 was the event. There were twelve croppers (not as many as I'd liked, but then again it is a busy time of year for people), and each one wearing pink in support of such a great cause, the Susan G. Komen foundation for Breast Cancer research. The day was filled with laughter, conversations, and lots of scrapbooking! I actaully got a few pages done myself! We enjoyed McAlisters Deli loaded baked potatoes for dinner, and they donated sweet tea (and unsweet, too) for the dinner! Such a great restaurant! We had a 'sketch challenge' and a 'clever use of something given to you' and at the end of the evening we took a tally for the winners, and Cherie was was the winner of 'clever use of something given to you.' She used one of the arrows given to her in her ScrapPink Goodie bag! And at the end of the day, with a portion of the crop fees and sales, I graciously have a check for $300 to send for a donation! Thank you to all the ladies who came and made this what it was, a great crop for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment