Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fashion Show






Elliott has her own opinions of what to wear, and it has been a struggle getting her dressed for some time. And after long thought of why and what to do about it.... I decided her clothes were getting a bit snug, and it was not comfortable for her. So off to Target I went to get her an entire new wardrobe (thank gooness for some awesome sales). I decided my dream of getting her to wear dresses is over now, I've had a wonderful previous five years of putting pretty skirts and dresses, so I'm okay with this new lack of interest in dresses (her span of 18months to two years were spent mostly in cute cotten skirts with adorable tights underneath). I stocked up on cotten pants and long sleeve cotton shirts with acceptable, fun prints! And there was no having her try these items on at the store, so I brought the items home, cranked up the music, put on a little lip gloss, and told her it was a fashion show. Needless to say, she put on each outfit, and I was able to get a 'thumbs up' or a 'never gonna wear it' from Elliott! It was also nice to have Grandma and Grandpa Taylor and Aunt Sarah visiting as an audience for Elliott's innate desire to run the catwalk! It's not something she has learned or taken classes to do... it is something she was born to do (or maybe too many Yahoo music videos).She enjoyed changing her clothes and swinging her scarf, adding accessories and making the faces. She said she always wants to have fashion shows... so at least now I know how to get her to try on clothes. And can I share the shirts were only $4.00 such a bargain, and the pants either $4 or $6....such a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment