Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School


Wow... it is already this time of year to begin school. The time came too fast for our family. Myles was not looking forward to going back to school. And I don't blame him considering the temps are finally warm enough to pull out the sprinklers or head to the pool. Oh well, maybe next summer will be warmer. I was excited to get one kid out the door and engaged in activity! School is such a great opportunity for them to make friends, learn aobut surroundings, and be away from home! Myles is such a home body, it is especially important for him to get out there. Elliott will miss having her play buddy, that's for sure. It means more Barbie playing for me! I guess that'll be okay, it is why I choose to stay home! After the first day, I expected stories and lots of comments from Myles. Maybe he was overly exhausted from the 1 hour and a half bus ride home (that should have only taken 30 minutes). I had a sheet of paper ready to write down the five big things from the day at school, and the only comment I got was 'They took out the rocks and put in mulch.' And I couldn't wait to dig into his back pack and get out all the new policies and such. I love this time of year... fresh with excitement for homework and looking for creative ways to do the homework with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment