Monday, August 3, 2009

Grandpa's Walking Friends

What a great support group my grandpa has... almost every morning he goes walking at the mall. There are a handful of regulars that go, too. They just love Dane. Denise even enjoyed holding Dane, and I was able to snag a picture! My grandpa looks forward to his mornings. The group has been a great outlet for him as well as watchers of my grandma when she got sicker towards the end. They would make sure she was okay so my grandpa could get his walking in (he walks daily for exercise and his overall health)... and walking inside is about the only way to do it in Vegas!

We spent the rest of the day at my grandpa's. He had some of my grandma's things out we could rummage through and take if we want. I picked up some of her jewelry, hand towels and even a few baskets. My favorite basket is the picnic basket (my basket jut got thrown away a few days ago because I left a banana and it rotted and attracted quite the collection of fruit flies).So now I have a replacement that is much nicer! Since my mother was gone, I had to rely on a other hands to help hold the baby. I was able to get this quick shot of Dane and my grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment