Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dane in Vegas





I just had to share this quick photo taken this morning while before we headed to my Granny's memorial service here in Vegas! Dane's cousin Broc (who is actually my cousin)got him the red sunglasses and his tuxedo onsie, and he looked so adorable! It has been a great trip in Vegas so far, a little emotional, but wonderful to see family. And Dane has been an easy traveller, thank goodness. Today was my Granny's memorial service. She actually passed away several months ago on Christmas day, but they decided to donate her body to science. This was a wonderful thing, to do, so this meant we had to wait some time before my grandpa would get her ashes! However, many people don't think of this as an option after death... and for the medical industry it is a great way to see the actual insides of people and learn various things about the human body. Hopefully, they were able to study or learn something in regards to Alzheimers, which she suffered from for some time. The memorial service was at a quaint church in Vegas. My grandpa did a great job getting things together and presenting a unique service. I was happy to see familiar faces mixed with their new Vegas friends. It was a great time ro celebrate Granny's life she had lived. She was many, many things to us all! For me she was a Granny to set the standards of Grandma's. For me she was pan cookies, Euchre player, paddle boat rides, pontoon boat rides, pink lipstick, Beautiful perfume wearer, Dirty Dancing movie watcher, shopping companion, adn so much more. I don't think I will ever truly appreciate just how much her (and my grandpa, too) role has impacted my life! Most people see grandparents on occasion, and I was fortunate for so many years to have them by my side and live in the same lake community as I did! Later this evening it was a joy to go out to dinner with friends and family at Lindos Mexican Restaurant (this would have been a fave of Granny's, so it made it fitting to go here, she loved friend ice cream). Grandpa, as usual, always a celebrating figure set it up to have them sing to my parents for their July birthdays. As a kid I remember going to Chi Chi's for birthdays, so much fun. We today it was quite the entourage of singing, guitar playing, and at least 12 or so people in the group that surrounded our table, and they came bearing tequilla shots! And of course through this whole excitement... Dane was sitting on my mother's lap while they were singing and slamming tequilla shots on the table. My camera's flash was down and it was all happening too quick for me to fix it, I was able to capture a few pics.



Overall it was a good day. HOT!!! Emotional and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment