Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Homeward Bound...


Today was a hard day, and not just the travelling alone with Dane part. I had to say good bye to my grandpa. As a child I took for granted the fact I saw them on a daily basis, now our visits are few and far between. It may be another year before I can get out there again (it for sure won't be during the month of august!)... and let us hope my grandpa stays in good health (Papa, if you are reading this, then know you better take better care of yourself) and we can visit again! As for the flight Dane did pretty good. I sat in between gentlemen who probably were a little taken back when I sat in between them. They were golf buddies who were out in Lake Tahoe for something different, but happened to be on the same flight home. It was an open seat in the very front of the plane so I chose my own comfort over any embarassment/awkwardness I may have on the duration of the flight. Dane did pretty good, except for the descent into Indy in which he cried for at least 10 minutes. Once we landed he stopped. Poor guys ears must have been popping or hte pressure was too much. We did land safely at 11pm... however didn't get our luggage off the carosel until amlmost midnight. It took forever. Other than the luggage delay, I did like the new airport. Very clean. And Myles and Elliott were thrilled to see Dane (and me,too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment