Thursday, November 5, 2009

What would we do without parents?

And I speak about my parents! Last week my computer wouldn't power up leaving me pretty much stuck in a rut as for getting things done that I need done for preparing for my upcoming convention (this time next week Vicki and I will be packed and on our way to Michigan to set up a booth at a scrapbook convention, oh and of course my dear friend Gina is coming along to help!) and getting things in line for my new sketch book coming out very soon! I tried contacting the warranty department for my computer, and of course they can't find me, just my luck. And this means I know have to hunt for an original receipt (which I purchased the computer from a friend, so I must have her help). Needless to say, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. One light at the end of the tunnel, Best Buy offers hard drive back up for dirt cheap - $150 and I get an external hard drive, so I hopefully won't be in this position again). I had to do this because, of course, I didn't have everything backed up! Anway, it could be weeks before I get a computer, and running a business, typing on my blog, checking emails, online banking, and all the other life necessities (shopping for the season's best toys or trying to sell old ones to make money for new ones!) just couldn't happen without a computer! So, my father is acutally the one who suggested a proposal... He said he planned on getting my mother a laptop for Christmas, and I could simply borrow it until mine gets back. Such a dear. And my mother, being the nice, patient woman she is, has agreed to let me user her laptop while waiting for mine to get fixed! What would we do without parents! Of course, going out and buying a new one for myself is not in my budget at the moment... so my parents to the rescue... Mom/Dad if you are reading this, thank you very much and I love you both very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment