Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lovin Resale Shops....




Okay, so I've never had much sucess with selling things back to second hand children's stores. And truthfully, I've never had much luck finding decent items at decent prices! However, yesterday was my lucky day! I have been looking for a jumparoo (of course I had one for Elliott but sold it in a garage sale), and didn't want to buy one brand new because of the expense. I happened to be out at the right time, I popped into the Kids Kloset at Stop 11 and Arlington. And to my luck they had the rainforest jump a roo and in good condition, so I got it! It was an instant hit with Dane! Enjoy the pic.
This also brings me to share my Christmas Gift exchange idea. Times are tough for many of us, and with Chrismtas season approaching fast, we aer all thinking about gift giving. I know this year we will have very little money to spend on gift giving, so instead of not giving at all, I have asked my brother's family if we could 'Re-Gift' toys to each kid! He has three kids and we have three kids, so it can be expensive to give gifts to everyone. However, we all do have a surplus of toys, so this year we are going to give each child a gently used toy from our kids collections! I'm super psyched about this idea, and truly my brother's kids will get much nicer gifts! And another toy gets to live on through an other child!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea, kids LOVE toys new or used. I have bought almost all of Carter's things from birth at garage sales. There's really no point in paying full prices at the stores for something that gets used for such a short amount of time. Also, Carter had that exact jumpy and absolutely loved it!!! I'm sure Dane will too. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete