Monday, October 12, 2009

Scrappersfest Weekend Retreat!





Wow... what a whirlwind of excitment it has been leading up to the weekend retreat (this past weekend). The event planning began last February... however, most the planning took place in the last month! Of course, I was thrown for a loop this past Monday, when my original hotel let me know my meeting room was double booked! I had to scramble at the last minute to find a new place, and I did, and it was even better than the original hotel... so t hrilled for this. This week consisted of putting together the last minute details, seat gifts, event program and more. Friday was the beginning, thanks to my husband who dropped my stuff off on his way to work Friday morning (he likes to tell me I need a lighter hobby), however, loved the support. And Friday morning I was able to sneak in a few hours of setting up, and then the afternoon the ladies consistantly showed up one after another! And surprisingly, most everyone was there before 5 (a weekend retreat first). The weekend was off to a great start and continued with great momentum through Saturday and Sunday. It was filled with scrapbooking, food, games and more! We even had a 'Scrapbook Newbie' and she embraced the hobby with such enthusiasm and creativity! What a brave women to designate a weekend to something new (thank goodness she liked the hobby). It did help she was surrounded by some pretty creative ladies. Of course Sunday came too quick (probably not quick enough for my husband, who did have help for the weekend thanks to my inlaws who came to stay for three days). As always packing up is no fun! I do want to shout out a special thanks to all the crop attendees, Jana for coming down from Michigan for massages, and the LaQuinta Inn and Suites for picking up our group at the last minute. Oh and of course thanks to my husband and inlaws for helping out on the homefront! I look forward to hosting another retreat in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment