Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Aunt Sarah and time in Fort Wayne




July has simply been a blur of events (hence why it has been so difficult to try and blog everyday as I had intended at the first of the month! We have spent more days away from home than at home! Yeah for summer road trips. Much of the first week and a half was at Lake Santee with my parents... and several days of the last three weeks have been in Fort Wayne with my in-laws! It has been busy and full of fun! I'm amazed the kids are still going with all the excitement and events. The last week, however, was spent with their Aunt Sarah at Grandma's house in Fort Wayne. They absolutely adore their Aunt Sarah, and their Aunt Sarah loves them so much!! She was in visiting from Texas (which she moved there after graduating college and getting married last summer). She was able to stay at our house a few days last week which allowed for a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo, and then she and Grandma toted the kids to Fort Wayne in which they attended the Allen County fair, a day at Pokagen in northern Indiana, an afternoon at Crazy Pins (arcades, beach volleyball, bowling center)and lots of other fun things! Grandma Taylor splurged on a blow up slip n slide, and what fun that has been! Sarah even managed to squeeze in some shopping time and purchased Myles a super cool pair of Sketchers for back to school! Which is approaching so quickly... I sure hope you all have taken advantage of the low priced crayons, markers and glue sticks! We have our art cabinet stocked with the goods, who can beat 15 cent crayons and 79 cent washabled markers (I couldn't believe this one when I saw it, the limit said 10, so I got 10!). And the next few days are expected to be busy, too... we are on the down swing of summer, as school starts in just 12 days and that, my friends, are 12 days too soon!!! Back to our visit in Fort Wayne, yesterday, unfortunately Sarah had to fly back to Texas, she will be missed by all of us! She is such joy to be around. She has such a knack with the kids and loves them dearly! And of course the kids love her so, so much! Oh, and I must add that our visit in Fort Wayne has allowed us to spend some time with our Fort Wayne friends, Gina and Carter. We attended their neighborhood dinner night, what a great concept. Once a week they go to another families house for dinner and once a month they host the dinner for everyone else. How nice is that, that three times out of the month, you don't have to cook dinner! Gina is so fortunate to have such wonderful neighbors! I chose to come up a few days ago so I could see my kids a few days before heading out to Vegas... they will stay in Fort Wayne since I need someone to watch them while my husband works and I am out of town. It is back to Indy for me today to pack and anxiously await flying with Dane tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment